Computer and Information Technology (MCIT) Online
The online Master of Computer and Information Technology (MCIT) degree is a first-of-its-kind graduate-level degree program in Computer Science tailored for non-Computer Science majors. This program brings online the long-running, established on-campus MCIT degree that empowers students without computer science backgrounds to succeed in computing and technology fields.
The MCIT program is intended for motivated students who want to start or accelerate a rewarding career in Computer Science. MCIT students come from diverse academic backgrounds ranging from literature and history to chemistry and medicine. Exposure to real-world projects throughout the program will prepare students to use their skills to positively impact society. Graduates of this program will be uniquely positioned to fill technical jobs in industries such as bioinformatics, medicine, finance, and telecommunications, as well as in the core software development industry.
- 24/7 access to video lectures from world class faculty
- Weekly synchronous office hours with faculty
- Assessments that blend Computer Science theory and applied, project-based learning. You’ll have the chance to use real-world tools and environments.
- Academic schedule follows the University of Pennsylvania academic calendar
- Diverse, supportive, inclusive community of students and alumni
Xunjing Wu on a Mid-career Switch to Computer Science
Halfway through her first year in MCIT Online, Wu says she’s already considering applying for a product management role. Xunjing Wu was working as a GIS analyst in a global infrastructure company in 2015 when she signed up for her very first computer science course online.